KIAP Administrative practice is headed by Alexey Sizov, Partner, Attorney at law, personally recommended by the international legal directories Best Lawyers 2021 (in three areas: Customs and Excise Law, Litigation, Trade Law) and Who's Who Legal 2019 (Trade & Customs), as well as by Russian Pravo-300 (Foreign trade/Customs Law and Currency Regulation) and "Kommersant" (Customs and International trade), and specializes in protection of its clients in cases on administrative offences, resolution of disputes with the state and municipal authorities, advises on administrative law and procedure, supports in inspections carried out within the framework of state and municipal control.
Defense for cases on administrative offences
- Preparing of legal views for cases on administrative offences
- Evidence analysis, evaluation and formation
- Official and legal representation in the course of proceedings for cases on administrative offences
- Defense of rights and interests of injured persons
Support in disputes with state and municipal bodies
- Evaluation of lawfulness and relevance of decisions, actions and claims of state and municipal bodies
- Appeal of unlawful decisions and actions (omission) of state and municipal bodies in accordance with the official and legal procedure
- Recovery of losses and damages, incurred by actions (omission) of state and municipal bodies
Administrative and legal support and advisory services
- Legal assistance in the course of inspections of state and municipal bodies
- Advisory services on issues of the administrative law and administrative procedure
- Evaluation of administrative and legal risks in the course of implementation of business projects
- Representation in state and municipal bodies
- Representing interests of a large trading company in the case on administrative liability for import and sale of products covered by sanctions. The court found that the actions of the company complied with the laws and terminated the proceedings on the case.
- Defense of a trading company in the case on administrative liability for sale of goods containing illegal reproduction of another person’s trademark. Based on results of the legal investigation the arbitrazh court awarded to refuse in prosecution of the company.
- Representation of international trading company in a series of administrative cases initiated in connection with the violation of technical regulations. As a result, the courts refused to satisfy the claims of the administrative body to suspend the operation of the company.
- Contestation of the decision of the district administration on refusal to transfer a title to a land plot to a building company. The decision of the administration was found to be unlawful, the arbitrazh court obliged the administration to transfer the land plot into the ownership of the company.
- Official and judicial defense of a large retailer in a series of cases on suspension and cancellation of a license for retail sale of alcoholic products. As a result all legal claims of the parties were abandoned, the client company continued to sale alcoholic products.
- Advisory services to a foreign trading company on the issues of import and turnover of alcohol-containing products on the territory of the Eurasian Economic Union and the Russian Federation.
- Advisory services to an international company on the issues of technical regulation on the territory of the Eurasian Economic Union and the Russian Federation.
- Advisory services to a participant of the marketing services market on a number of issues related to compliance with the laws on protection of consumers.
- Defense of an international airline in a series of cases defending the airline from accusations of administrative responsibility for violation of transport security legislation. As result, all 40 cases were terminated.