Anna acts as an arbitrator in Russian and international arbitration proceedings and is included in the lists of arbitrators in Austria, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Korea, Russia.
For more than 18 years Anna has been specializing in difficult, complex disputes in state courts, in international arbitration as according to the rules of arbitration institutes (ICC, LCIA, VIAC, SCC, ICAC и and etc.) as in ad hoc arbitration. During the period of practice Anna represented clients’ interests in state court and international arbitration in more than 400 proceedings.
Anna is a Deputy Chairman of the ICC Russia Arbitration Commission, Russia’s regional representative in HK45 Committee at the Hong Kong International Arbitration Center (HKIAC), Russia’s regional representative in the Judicial Committee of International Bar Association (IBA), a member of the Russia’s arbitration center Presidium.
In addition to her Russian education, Anna also has received Master’s degree in American law (LL.M), and has the status of the Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitration (CIArb).
Anna is the author of the book "Psychology and persuasion in the litigation", co-editor and co-author of the "Scientific and practical article-by-article commentary on the legislation on arbitration courts" of the RAA and co-editor and co-author of the book "Arbitration in Asia".
Teaches a course of lectures at the Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL) on International Commercial Arbitration. Speaker of the largest international and Russian legal conferences.
Anna is recommended by international ratings Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, Legal 500EMEA (Leading Individual in Dispute Resolution: Arbitration and Mediation), Best Lawyers, WWL Arbitration Future Leaders, Ciarb, Who’s Who, Legal, Leaders League as well as Russian Pravo.ru-300 in 2022 and Pravo-300 in 2023 (Band 2: International Arbitration) and Kommersant (International Commercial Arbitration).
The Chambers Global rating notes that Anna Grishchenkova successfully deals with issues of international commercial arbitration, and also acts as an arbitrator. “She pays a lot of attention to details and does not miss anything” one of the principals characterizes Anna, and the other adds: “It's easy to work with her.”
Anna is fluent in English and German.
- Representation of a huge construction company in several arbitral proceedings in ICC;
- Representation of the oil company in two LCIA proceedings;
- Representation of Belorussian company with foreign investment in a construction dispute under Belorussian law in arbitration in IAC (Belarus);
- Representation of a Russian company in a dispute related to delivery of an equipment in Vienna International Arbitral Centre (VIAC);
- Representation of Italian construction company in series of disputes in arbitration in ICAC (MKAS);
- Representation of a bank in arbitration in LCIA;
- Representation of an energy provider in a dispute with a contractor under a gas pipeline construction contract worth 2+ bln roubles.
- Advocacy for a major manufacturing group in the course of a hostile takeover;
- Successful representation of a subsidiary of a mid-eastern petroleum company in a dispute over the construction of oil wells (defence against a claim for damages of some $32 mln).
- Representation of Russian Design Bureau (Bureau is designing subsea vessels and developing deep water rescue facilities against the orders of the Russian Navy) in a dispute before the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce against Italian supplier of technological equipment.
- Advocacy for a Russian bank in a dispute involving investment in a number of production wells.
- Representation of a consumer electronics retailer in several claims for damages totalling 100+ mln roubles.