Head of Bankruptcy practice at KIAP, Attorney at law. One of the firm’s leading litigation lawyers since its founding in 2010. Ilya specializes in the support of complex litigation representing the interests of companies having foreign capital, including real estate, construction and bankruptcy.
Author of the first scientific work in Russia on mortgage accessory.
Ilya is the member of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs on property and the judicial system.
Under Ilya Dedkovsky's leadership, in 2021, the Bankruptcy practice was included in the list of the best according to international ratings: CHAMBERS EUROPE (in Bankruptcy: Litigation) and Legal 500 (in the nomination: Bankruptcy).
Personally ranked lawyer in Best Lawyers 2022 (Bankruptcy, Dispute resolution). Also individually ranked in 2023 by Pravo-300 (Group 2: Arbitration proceedings (medium and small commercial disputes - mid market) and Dispute resolution in courts of general jurisdiction) and "Kommersant" (Bankruptcy - 3 band).
- Representing of OAO OGK-2 (Russia's No 1 provider of cogeneration, Gazprom's energy asset) in litigation with the E4 company owned by Mr Abyzov, Russian cabinet minister, to recover an advance of 3.5 bln rbl (about 100 mln US dollars in 2014). Dispute over the termination of contract to supply a powerplant acquired for the Serov State District Power Station construction project. OGK-2's claim was granted: the supply contract was terminated and the advance refunded.
- Representation of a large office and warehouse complex in Moscow in a dispute that dealt with the recovery of damages caused by a fire accident at the warehouse complex. Although two experts’ opinions stated the client was at fault, the court denied the claim.
- Representation of a large electronics manufacturer in a dispute with a Russian bank to recover bank guaranteed debt. The client’s claim was satisfied by court in full.
- Comprehensive legal support of METRO Cash & Carry in a series of disputes with suppliers of goods amounting to one-half billion rubles. The vast majority of litigation actions were completed by counterclaims or by signing settlement agreements approved by the client. KIAP’s legal team was so successful in these cases that precedence in this area of practice in the Moscow Region now follows the results we have achieved.
- Representation of a major retailer's companies in a dispute with the owner of a new shopping centre over coercion into a long-term lease contract. That secured the retailer's investment in the development, finishing and opening of shopping spaces for 4 brands, totalling 300+ mln roubles.
- Comprehensive legal support of Schindler in a series of successful disputes over contractual obligations and the work performed on the supply and installation of escalators and elevators.
- Representing Irish Bank in assets protection project during bankruptcy proceedings in several Russian regions.
- Advising the largest Russian company of electric energy on matters related to the structuring of relations with one of the largest Russian contractors involved in the construction of power sector facilities in connection with its bankruptcy. The amount of the debt was about 36 billion rubles.
- Representing one of the biggest airline companies in a bankruptcy matter of a large tour operator.
- Representation of a global leader in molten metal flow engineering in the bankruptcy proceeding of one of the largest Russian steel manufacturers.
- Representation of a major drilling tools manufacturer in the bankruptcy proceeding of one of the largest producers of rock cutting equipment.
- Representing the world’s leading supplier of innovative products and systems based on stone wool in a bankruptcy matter of a warrantor.
- Representation of the world’s leading supplier of innovative products and systems based on stone wool in a bankruptcy matter involving a Russian citizen.
- Representation of a global marketing company operating in more than 60 countries worldwidein bankruptcy proceedings against a major distributor of the company's products in Russia, the representative of Noble House group.
- Representation of an international mobile payments provider in the bankruptcy proceeding involving the company’s Russian partner.
- Representation of a large chemical company as a creditor in a bankruptcy proceeding in the Central Federal District.
- Representation of a debtor's former director in an action for vicarious liability damages of 250 mln roubles. The court of first instance and the court of appeal upheld the firm's position that the director's actions were legally valid.
- Representation of a debtor's former director in an action for vicarious liability damages of 46 mln roubles. The court of first instance and the court of appeal upheld the firm's position that the director's actions were legally valid.
Real Estate. Land. Construction:
- Representing one of the largest retail chains protecting its investments in a number of disputes in several regions of the Russian Federation totaling 5 billion roubles. As a result all disputes were resolved in our client’s favor.
- Representing a regional integrated company against power supplies and related integrated companies in up to 20 disputes that dealt with discrepancies concerning the total volume of the power supplied, the gaps in statutory regulations, as well as defects inagreements between the participants of the dispute.
- Representing a major international retailer in litigation to protect investments in an amount of over 2 billion rubles in a Russian region. The result — the client’s investments were protected.
- Representation of a major retail chain before the Federal Arbitrazh (Commercial) Court of the Moscow District in a dispute over recovery of rent. The KIAP's litigators succeeded in having set aside the previous court rulings that rejected Principal's claims. In a retrial, Principal's claims were upheld in full.