Sergey specializes in complex litigation, both in state courts and in international arbitration, including proceedings in trade, real estate and construction areas, as well as represents Russian and international clients in other commercial and corporate disputes. Sergey has in-depth expertise in subsidiary liability and liability of the controlling person spheres, as well as manages solitary disputes within the framework of bankruptcy proceedings. Sergey is experienced with financial and securities markets and blockchain technologies projects.
Sergey is personally recommended by the Legal 500 EMEA 2021 and Best Lawyers 2022 international ratings.
Also Sergey was recommended by Pravo-300 in 2023 (Band 2: Arbitration proceedings (medium and small commercial disputes - mid market)).
- Representing the interests of the largest international pharmaceutical company in the number of cases on bringing the guarantors to responsibility amounting to 2,5 billion rubles.
- Representing the interests of the one of the largest petrochemical company in Europe in the case on nullity of the pledging transactions, according to which rights under the loan agreements amounting to 3 billion rubles were transmitted to the bank.
- Representing the interests of the qualified central counterparty in the case on challenging of the transactions amounting to 2 billion rubles concluded at stock market and related to the bankruptcy of the longest standing investment company on the Russian market.
- Representing the interests of the largest warehouse and office complex in Moscow in the case on protecting from unfounded acceleration of the credit facility totaling over 4 billion rubles.
- Representing the interests of the leading international provider of supply chain solutions in the case on causing reputational damage relating to freight of the drilling installation and workers’ settlement.
International Commercial Arbitration
- Representing the interests of the Italian construction company in the case of penalty and damages recovery linked with the luxury property construction in Moscow.
- Representing the interests of the former CEO of major construction company in the case on bringing him to the subsidiary liability amounting to 1 billion rubles.
- Representing the interests of the one of the largest Russian aviation holding company in cases on bringing controlling persons to subsidiary liability within the framework of bankruptcy proceedings of the Russian tour operator amounting to 1,7 billion rubles.
- Representing the interests of the owners of warehousing property located at Moscow region in the case on nullity of the property selling contracts within the framework of bankruptcy proceedings of the Russian major bank amounting to 100 million rubles.
Real Estate. Land. Construction
- Representing the interests of the large landowner of the Moscow region in the group of claims related to the state’s reclamation of the agricultural lands from the Client’s possession.
- Representing the interests of one of the world's largest fashion retailers in litigation related to the recovery of the Client’s deposit paid to the company that controls prestigious shopping mall and to the interpretation of the lease contract.