Attorney at law, Managing partner and founder of KIAP. Andrey Korelskiy is the head of the firm’s litigation practice. He has 20 years of experience in supporting major litigations. Andrey's core specialisation: dispute resolution, bankruptcy and international commercial arbitration. Since 2016 a member of the Board of the Russian Arbitration Association (RAA), has been included in the unified recommended list of arbitrators and a member of the corporate disputes panel of the Arbitration Center at the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP).
Comes highly recommended in all the leading international legal directories such as Chambers Europe 2021 (Eminent practitioner in Dispute Resolution: Domestic mid-market), Chambers Global 2021, Legal 500 EMEA 2020 (Recommended Lawyer in Dispute Resolution: Litigation), Best Lawyers 2022 (Arbitration and Mediation, Litigation, Bankruptcy, Insurance), Pravo-300 in 2022 (Band 1 in Dispute resolution and Arbitration proceedings) and Pravo-300 in 2023 (Band 2: Arbitration proceedings: medium and small commercial disputes - mid market, Dispute resolution in general courts, Band 3: Family and Inheritance law), Kommersant (International commercial arbitration, Resolution of commercial disputes, General jurisdiction dispute resolution, Retail trade, FMCG, Insurance), Leaders League.
Founder of Legal Run charity project and chess tournament Legal Chess.
Speaker at major international and Russian conferences.
- Representing insurance company Allianz in a dispute with a foreign reinsurer on a reinsurance recovery in the total amount of more than USD 35 million arising out of the accident at the Sayano-Shushenskaya hydropower plant (total damage over USD 200 million). The result – the client’s claim was satisfied in full, afterwards the decision was enforced in the territory of Switzerland.
- Representing of Irish Bank Resolution Corporation Limited in a series of disputes related to the bankruptcy of a major international financial group, including execution of judgments from the Republic of Belize and the Republic of Northern Ireland by RF SСC (amount at issue: 200+ mln euros).
- Representing one of the largest retail chains protecting its investments in a number of disputes in several regions of the Russian Federation totaling 5 billion roubles. As a result all disputes were resolved in our client’s favor.
- Representing EuroChem in a dispute related to the issue of application of Articles 450 and 452 of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation. The Supreme Commercial Court shared position of the client that transactions may imply conditions of unilateral termination thereof should one of the parties fail to comply with the undertaken obligations.
- Representing Rockwool in a dispute with the Treasury of the Russian Federation (RF Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation and the Federal Bailiffs Service) for compensation for breach of a reasonable period for the execution of the court decision. The precedent put in place must one way or another prompt the Federal Bailiff Service to improve the enforceability of court rulings, which are currently abysmally underenforced, bringing the entire judiciary into disrepute as a result.
- Representing Rosatom’s subsidiaries arising from an action filed by Greenpeace challenging transactions of depleted nuclear fuel delivery from European countries and the USA from 2000 until 2005. The result — the environmental organization’s suit was completely denied.
- Representing ROSNO insurance company in an arbitration arising from a claim for indemnity recovery as the result of the collapse of “Transvaal Park” sports and fitness complex. Claims by “Transvaal Park’s” owners against ROSNO were all rejected.
- Representing Iliushin Finance Co. in a number of litigation actions filed against Aeroflot – Russian Airlines on delivery of six “Il-96-300″ aircraft. Courts of all instances supported the legal position of our client.
- Representing the world’s leading supplier of innovative products and systems based on stone wool in a bankruptcy matter of a warrantor.
- Representation of a debtor's former director in an action for vicarious liability damages of 46 mln roubles. The court of first instance and the court of appeal upheld the firm's position that the director's actions were legally valid.