KIAP litigation practice for the fourth year in a row received the highest rating and was included in the first band.
Singled out for endorsement in their fields were three partners in four areas of law:
- Dispute Resolution: Domestic Mid-Market: Andrey Korelskiy (Eminent practitioner)
- Dispute Resolution: Domestic Mid-Market: Anna Grishchenkova (Band 3)
- Dispute Resolution: International: Anna Grishchenkova (Band 4)
- Antitrust: Ilya Ischuk (Band 4)
Since 1990, Chambers has published the world’s leading guides to the legal profession and has built a reputation for in-depth, objective research. The agency has a team of 200 highly qualified full-time researchers who conduct thousands of interviews with lawyers and their clients worldwide. Working with their editors, they identify and rank the world’s best lawyers (i.e. those who perform best according to the criteria most valued by clients – such as technical expertise, business acumen, prompt delivery, value for money).
International ranking Chambers Global publishes the world’s leading guides to the legal profession in more than 190 countries across the world since 1990. Based on interviews with thousands of lawyers and their clients, the ranking determines best lawyers and best law firms of the globe. The authority of the ranking is based on in-depth and objective research.
Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence 2015 and 2013
KIAP has been nominated for a major international accolade, Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence in 2015 and 2013 as the Best Law Firm of the Year in Russia. The Russian 2015 shortlist also features Allen & Overy, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners, Goltsblat BLP, Herbert Smith Freehills, Linklaters CIS, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP & Affiliates and Vegas Lex.
Nominations of Chambers Europe Awards for Excellence are given every year to law firms across the world that are the year's success stories. The award is a symbol of international recognition of their professional achievements, outstanding growth rate and the highest standard of client service. The award is given based on the results of an extensive independent survey of clients and legal professionals' feedback
Legal 500 EMEA
- Dispute resolutions (2 Band)
- Bankruptcy (3 Band)
- White-collar Crime (2 Band)
- Intellectual Property (2 Band)
- Dispute resolution: Arbitration and mediation (3 Band)
- Antitrust and competition (3 Band)
- Tax (3 Band)
- Corporate and M&A: Moscow (4 Band)
- Real estate and construction (3 Band)
- ТМТ (4 Band)
Seven lawyers of KIAP Attorneys at law have received personal recommendations on their directions:
- Andrey Korelskiy: Leading individual in the direction "Dispute resolution"
- Anna Grishchenkova: Leading individual in the direction “Dispute resolution: Arbitration and mediation”
- Konstantin Astafiev: Leading individual in the direction "White-collar Crime"
- Elena Buranova: Next Generation Partner in the direction “Intellectual Property”
- Maxim Tabolo: Rising Star in the direction "Intellectual Property"
- Anastasia Skovpen: Rising Star in the direction "Intellectual Property"
- Dmitriy Kalinichenko: Rising Star in the direction "White-collar Crime"
The Legal 500 is one of the most authoritative legal publications, founded in 1988. Evaluations and recommendations of the series are based on the independent research and questionnaires, filled by the legal firms, and surveys, conducted among their clients and partners. The mission of the ranking is to identify the leading law firms and key experts in various areas of law. The Legal 500 Series provides the most comprehensive worldwide coverage currently available on legal services providers, in over 150 countries.
Pravo.ru-300 (Main Rating)
- Arbitration proceedings (medium and small disputes - mid-market) (1 Band)
- Compliance (1 Band)
- Corporate Law / Mergers and Acquisitions (1 Band)
- International arbitration (2 Band)
- Resolution of disputes in courts of general jurisdiction (2 Band)
- Employment and migration law (2 Band)
- Antitrust law (including disputes) (3 Band)
- Bankruptcy (including disputes) (3 Band)
- Family and inheritance law (3 Band)
- TMT (telecommunications, media, and technology) (3 Band)
- Intellectual property (consulting) (3 Band)
- Intellectual property (registration) (3 Band)
- Land law / Commercial real estate / Construction (4 Band)
- Intellectual property (protection of rights and litigation) (4 Band)
- White-collar crime (4 Band)
The Pravo.Ru-300 rating is an annual full-scale review of the Russian legal market. Its methodology has been developed by Pravo.Ru, taking into account the experience of the best Russian and foreign rating agencies with the participation of the 150 largest law firms in the Russian Federation.
KIAP was recognized Best Lawyers 2022 as the law firm of the year in the field of litigation. According to the rating results 29 lawyers of KIAP achieved individual recognition from the eminent rating in 32 practice areas:
- Andrey Korelskiy (Arbitration and Mediation, Litigation, Bankruptcy, Insurance). In 2022 Andrey is recommended by the rating for the 12th time.
- Konstantin Astafiev (Bet-the-Company Litigation, Criminal Defense, Labor and Employment Law, Litigation). In 2022 Konstantin is recommended by the rating for the 9th time.
- Ilya Ischuk (Competition / Antitrust Law, Government Practice, Litigation). In 2021 Ilya is recommended by the rating for the 7th time.
- Anna Grishchenkova (International arbitration, Arbitration and Mediation, Litigation). In 2021 Anna is recommended by the rating for the 7th time.
- Elena Buranova (Information Technology Law, Intellectual Property Law, Litigation, TMT, Media)
- Anton Samokhvalov (Corporate Law, M&A)
- Dmitry Shnaydman (Litigation)
- Alexey Sizov (Customs and Excise Law, Litigation, Trade Law)
- Andrey Zuykov (Tax Law, Litigation, Arbitration and Mediation)
- James Friedlander (Litigation)
- Sergey Popov (Real Estate Law, Litigation)
- Ilya Dedkovskiy (Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation)
- Dmitry Kalinichenko (Criminal Defense, Litigation)
- Julia Kirpikova (Litigation,Privacy and Data Security Law)
- Ekaterina Spakhova (Corporate Law, Litigation)
- Roman Suslov (Banking and Finance Law, Information Technology Law)
- Maxim Buzin (Competition / Antitrust Law, Government Practice, Litigation)
- Stepan Sultanov (International Arbitration, Arbitration and Mediation, Litigation)
- Julia Usacheva (Litigation, Real Estate Law)
- Maxim Tabolo (Intellectual Property Law)
- Viacheslav Shmelev (Privacy and Data Security Law, Litigation)
- Olga Kascheeva (Aviation Law)
- Sergey Ilin (Litigation, Insolvency and Reorganization Law)
- Evgeny Metla (Litigation)
- Evgeny Vasin (Litigation)
Furthermore, according to Best Lawyers 2022 International Rating Ilya Ischuk is recognized ‘Lawyer of the Year’ in the area of Government Practice.
And for the first time this year:
- Julia Yanygina (Litigation)
- Maria Krasnova (Arbitration and Mediation)
- Diana Sattarova (Arbitration and Mediation)
- Daniil Zherdev (Litigation)
- Alexander Kartashov (Arbitration and Mediation)
Best Lawyers 2020 recognized KIAP as the law firm of the year in the field of litigation.
Best Lawyers is one of the most influential publications in the global legal community. Founded in USA in 1981, the ranking publishes ratings of outstanding lawyers put together based on the expert assessment of a lawyer’s professional level by fellow lawyers. The research is performed in 70 countries around the world. The Best Lawyer’s methods, developed by a cognominal company, have been practiced for more than 30 years. The ranking has been recommending KIAP lawyers since 2009.
Pravo.ru-300 (Sympathy Rating)
According to the results of 2017 ranking, KIAP, Attorneys at law, took:
- 1st place in the “Overall Sympathy rating”. In Top-5 also are included: Egorov, Puginsky, Afanasiev & Partners, Pepeliaev Group, Goltsblat BLP and Dentons.
- According to personal “Sympathy rating”, four KIAP partners are being recommended by colleagues from other law firms: Ilya Ischuk (Antitrust law), Andrey Korelskiy (Arbitration), Alexey Sizov (Foreign trade) and Anna Grishchenkova (International Commercial Arbitration).
- According to industry “Sympathy rating” KIAP got recommendations in 10 areas: Atritrust law, Arbitration, Commercial Real Estate/ Construction, Corporate law/ M&A, International Arbitration, Dispute resolution, Employment law, TMT, Finance/ Banking law, Healthcare and Pharmacology.
“Sympathy rating” of Pravo-300 is a part of an annual full-scale review of the Russian legal market, which is composed on the basis of results of lawyers’ survey, within which they are offered to name five law firms (except their own one) having the highest professional reputation on Russian legal services market in their opinion. The respondents of the survey were managing partners, partners and heads of practices of law firms included in the main “Pravo.ru-300” rating.
World Trademark Review 1000
According to the results of WTR 1000 Russia in 2020, the IP Practice of KIAP is noted in the field of:
- “Prosecution and Strategy”
The WTR 1000 remains the only standalone publication to recommend individual practitioners and their firms exclusively in the trademark field, and identifies the leading players in over 80 key jurisdictions globally.
Managing IP - IP stars
In 2020 KIAP IP practice is marked by the ranking ‘Managing IP - IP Stars (2020)' and is listed among the best law firms of Russia in IP Stars 2020: Trade mark firm rankings.
Partner Elena Buranova was personally endorsed by IP Stars in 2019 and recognized "Trade Mark Star".
Founded in 1990, Managing Intellectual Property magazine is the leading source of news and analysis on all intellectual property developments worldwide. As a well-respected publisher in the IP industry, the Guide is considered to be the most authoritative and comprehensive and has been researching and ranking IP firms since 1996.
The International Financial Law Review (IFLR1000) in 2020 recommends KIAP in the following practice areas:
The British analytical publication IFLR1000 is one of the most reputable guides to the world’s leading legal counsels specializing in corporate, financial and banking law. The rankings were first published in 1990 having expanded to 120 jurisdictions all over the globe. Highly recognized by the professional community, the rankings are underpinned by a complicated nomination procedure that includes comprehensive research of each candidate’s performance and thorough analysis of the services provided.
- General Corporate Tax (Tier 3)
- Tax controversy (Other notable)
World Tax is a key source for tax specialists all around the world, in which the assessment of the expertise of leading tax lawyers from different countries is given. The ranking is unique among directories as it classifies professional services, law firms and other tax advice providers together, rather than looking at them separately.
"Leaders of the legal services market 2021" according to "Kommersant" publishing house
In the category of "Best legal practices", KIAP received recommendations in the following 16 areas:
- Arbitration Proceedings: commercial dispute resolution: mid-market, Band 1
- Arbitration Proceedings: corporate dispute resolution: mid-market, Band 1
- Antitrust Law: consultation, Band 1
- Foreign economic activity: customs law and currency regulation, Band 1
- Intellectual property: Dispute resolution in Intellectual property, Band 1
- Intellectual property: Law consultation in the area of Intellectual Property, Band 1
- Compliance, Band 1
- Corporate law: Merge and acquisition of Russian assets High-Market, Band 2
- Corporate law: Merge and acquisition of Russian assets Mid-Market, Band 1
- International Commercial Arbitration,Band 1
- Tax: Consulting on tax legislation, Band 2
- General jurisdiction dispute resolution: property disputes,Band 1
- Family and Inheritance Law: divorce disputes, property division and inheritance assets, Band 1
- Labor and migration law: dispute resolution in labor and migration legislation, Band 1
- Labor and migration law: labor and migration legislation, Band 1
- Criminal law: Economic crimes, Band 2
According to the results in the category "Best industry practices" KIAP was included into the list of best law firms in 8 industries:
- Healthcare and pharmaceuticals: Resolution of key disputes in the industry, Band 1
- Healthcare and pharmaceuticals: Consulting for the sectors of medical services and pharmacology, Band 1
- Retail and trade, FMCG: retail leaders’ consultations and FMCG, Band 2
- TMT (telecommunications, media and technologies): ТМТ area’s key disputes solving, Band 1
- TMT (telecommunications, media and technologies): Leaders of ТМТ branches consulting, Band 2
- Тransport and logistics: Branches’ key disputes solving, Band 1
- Transport and logistics: Leaders of branch consulting, Band 1
- Financial and Bank law: Solving of key disputes in bank, investment and insurance service branch, Band 2
4 key lawyers of the law firm received personal recommendations in “The individual rating of lawyers" in 7 areas of law:
"Kommersant" analyzes the leading practices of law firms in all major areas of legal specialization, annually trying to improve the researching program to provide an up-to-date and structured picture of the market. The purpose of the study is to demonstrate to the market the law companies, recommended in certain areas of services.
- Commercial litigation (Excellent and Highly Recommended, 2019-2020)
- Trademark litigation (Highly Recommended, 2019)
- Patent litigation (Recommended, 2019)
- Competition/ Antitrust (Recommended, 2018)
- Corporate tax (Recommended, 2018)
- International arbitration (Excellent, 2017)
Six Partners and Heads of practices were awarded with Individual recommendations: Andrey Korelskiy (Commercial litigation), Anna Grishchenkova (Commercial litigation, International Arbitration), Konstantin Astafiev (International Arbitration), Ilya Ischuk (Competition/ Antitrust), Alexey Sizov (Competition/ Antitrust), Elena Buranova (Trademark litigation, Patent litigation) and Andrey Zuykov (Corporate Tax).
Leaders League is a media and rating agency for top law firms at the international level. The rankings are based on a thorough market analysis and reports provided by independent auditors.
Cbonds Legal Adviser League Table
In 2014 KIAP became one of three leading legal advisers according to the Legal Adviser League Table for securitisation and mortgage bond transactions on Russian domestic market designed by Cbonds news agency. The other rated legal advisers included: Baker & McKenzie, Egorov, Puginsky, Afanasiev & Pertners, Laseta Partners, Legal capital partners and Linklaters CIS.
Best Law Firm Website – 2016
The corporate website of KIAP law firm was named The Best Law Firm Website on the legal market, as well as The Most Efficient Law Firm Website and The Most Useful Law Firm Website. KIAP also took third grade in the nomination of The Best Law Firm Legal Practice.
For detailed expert comments underlying KIAP law firm’s positions in the contest, click this link.
The contest of the Russian-language sites of legal firms and legal practices was organized by the Facebook community of the managers and partners of law firms – LawFirmManagement.RU. The main purposes of the contest are the improvement of the quality of online content in the Russian-language segment of the Internet and the formation of guidelines for customers and developers of sites of law firms. In 2016 more than 170 websites of law firms and legal practices from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan participated in the contest. The contest was held with the support of the Federal Chamber of Lawyers, “Avicom” (ProjectMate) and Legal Insight magazine.
National Business Award The Russian Business Captains
Korelskiy, Ischuk, Astafiev and Partners was granted a non-profit National Business Award The Russian Business Captains in the Leadership and Stability nomination. The award was established in 2005 by the Upravleniye Personalom Publishing House (Personnel Management Magazine), a well-known and respected periodical in the field of human resources and personnel policies, aimed to identify best employers within various business industries.