During the recent years the telecommunications segment in Russia was showing confident growth due to overall tendency of consolidation and the innovative growth of society. The key vectors for this development have been the replacement of data media, increased speed of access to information resources, increased safety of access, further specialization of the companies operating in this field. Their impact on our personal life, work and leisure time has also been changing.
New market conditions dictate that the telecommunication companies should review and update their strategies, products and solutions offered to the clients, channels for communications with the market participants, their use of the technological platforms and development of new management models that would include changes in the administrative structure and business processes. It is becoming obvious that the companies that are able to quickly adapt to the changes and to take advantage of the new opportunities that present themselves due to such changes will be the ones that will get ahead in this process.
The Law Firm provides a full spectrum of services to the companies of telecommunications industry including legal support for the current business activity, consulting on taxation issues, antimonopoly regulations, data protection including personal data, intellectual property and other complex issues specific for the industry as well as support for the complex projects including merger and acquisition transactions, investment projects, transactions with real estate and other issues.
Industry Specific Consulting:
- Legal support for the issues related to legal regulations in the field of telecommunications including taxation, antimonopoly regulations, data protection including personal data, intellectual property;
- Issues related to competition in the field of telecommunications;
- Complex support for investment projects including projects of venture financing of IT-companies.
Corporate Consulting, Transactions and Investment Projects Support:
- Support for transactions of sale/acquisition of telecommunication projects and bringing in financial investors (M&A);
- Legal and tax due diligence of telecommunication companies for potential buyers/investors or current owners of the businesses including as may be required to enter the public capital market;
- Investment projects support for construction of new ones and re-equipment of existing telecommunications facilities including elaboration of contractual structures, drafts of investment agreements, partnership initiatives agreements, subcontractors agreements and other agreements;
- Search for the most effective task-oriented ownership, management and operations structures for the companies operating in the identified field, in order to minimize risks and increase protection of the assets;
- Draft documents regulating corporate management in the company/group of companies (corporate ethics codes, provisions on management bodies, provisions on committees within the boards of directors etc.);
- Current consulting on all issues of corporate law.