Dmitry Kalinichenko is an Attorney at law, a Senior Associate in our White Collar Crime and Dispute resolution departments. He also participates in cases that are followed by our Real Estate, Land and Construction practice. Joined KIAP team in 2012. Recent projects in which he has participated include a series of disputes of a large retail chain with suppliers.
- Support of Antitrust and Competition practice in representation of interests of a large retail chain before the Arbitrazh (Commercial) Court of the city of Moscow in the case against FAS of Russia over discrimination against suppliers of fish and fish products. The Principal was charged the minimum possible fine for the breach identified by FAS of Russia. Nevertheless, the decision and the directive were appealed to a court of law because they find common commercial practices in Russia to be anti-competition. The arbitrazh court is hearing for the first time at the federal level the matter of a breach of the antitrust provisions of the Commerce Law. The case is one of the largest in the history of Russian arbitrazh proceedings in terms of the quantity of case file materials and evidence. The financial exposure is 10+ mln dollars.
- Representation of large international retailers in a series of disputes with unscrupulous contractors. The total amount of the financial claims was over 500 million rubles.
- Representation of a large retail chain in a dispute related to protection of its business reputation. As a result, the allegations were disproved, and a warning was given of possible defamation claims in the future.
- Defense of interests of large Moscow management companies in a series of disputes with unfair real estate tenants. The total amount of claims is more than 2 million euros.
- Judicial protection of an international retailer in a dispute about unjust enrichment against a top 25 Russian bank. As a result of judicial proceedings, the bank recovered unjustly taken funds from the defendant.
- Support of ''Bankruptcy'' practice in representing one of the biggest airline companies in a bankruptcy matter of a large tour operator.
- Protection of the interests of a supplier of alcoholic beverages in a bankruptcy case where the bankruptcy Trustee disputed the distributor's transactions. As the result, mutual offsets were awarded without causing unexpected losses to the creditor.
- Support of "Real Estate. Land. Construction" practice in debt recovery procedures in favor of the world's largest distributor of alcoholic beverages before the Arbitrazh (Commercial) Courts. As a result, several court decisions about funds recovering were made in favor of our client.